Outlook is a powerful tool developed by Microsoft Corporation. It is mainly used for emails and personal management of the information online as well as offline. It enables user to set up calendar, get feeds from internet, meeting, manage contacts and more. Many business organizations are depended on this utility to run their business.
Outlook 2010 provides you a richer set of experience to meet your communications needs, Expanded Ribbon and larger capacity of PST file to store larger data. PST files store emails, contacts, and other items on your computer as back up, by archiving data from mailbox on mail server. This will help you to free up space on server for good performance. PST files will be of different storage capacity with respect to its Outlook versions to store data. If capacity of the PST file exceeded, there may be unwanted situation, where MS Outlook fails to open and leads to corruption of PST files.
However there are several reasons which lead to PST file corruption such as hard drive failure, mishandling of data file, abnormal termination of application, abruptly shutting down of system, virus attack, etc. To overcome from such situations, Microsoft Outlook 2010 provides inbuilt repair tool Scanpst.exe, but unfortunately inbuilt tool is able to fix PST file only with minor corruption. So you need to look for how to fix Outlook 2010 PST file, in case of major corruption.
Usually, Scanpst.exe tries to fix the existing PST file which may lead to further corruption of your Outlook data. As PST file may contain crucial data, inbuilt repair tool is not recommended to use. So, you should use reliable tool named as Fix PST Files, which is one of the most used and recommended tool by experts. This PST repair tool Outlook 2010 performs read-only operation which ensures there will not be further modification on original PST file. It reads the corrupted PST file and create new healthy file after fixing it.
Major reasons due to which PST file may get corrupt:
- Oversized PST File: Even though, Microsoft Outlook 2010 has large capacity PST file of 50GB when it reaches it maximum capacity, it leads to corruption of PST file. So it is recommended to keep your PST file size small and ideal. Large PST file slow down the performance of application.
- Upgrading Outlook: While upgrading Outlook application, PST file may get deleted by new files and folder. So it is recommended to keep proper back up of PST file before upgrading Microsoft Outlook.
- Improper Termination: The Outlook should be exit properly after saving all files. Improper closing of application due to any reason may lead to corruption of PST file.
- Virus Attack: Viruses are the unwanted program which tries to change the properties of existing files. IF PST file get affected by viruses it may lead to corruption.
- Other Reasons: There are many more reason due to which PST files may get damaged such as using unreliable compression tool to compress PST file, unreliable recovery tool which may damage PST file while recovery process, etc.
Outstanding Features of Fix PST File Software
- It most powerful features is, that is read-only software which promises original will be intact so there is no chance of further corruption.
- It is capable enough to fix Microsoft Outlook 2010 PST file as well as all other version of Outlook.
- It can fix most corrupted PST files, which cannot be repaired by Inbuilt repairing tool.
- Password protected and encrypted PST files are repaired without any hassle.
- Recover almost all data from corrupted PST file.
- It provides two options to recover email message and repair a PST file.