You all may know that flash drive is a storage equipment that is connected externally to computers. It is small in size and it has the capability to store large data. The storage capacity of each flash drives can vary with respect to another. Because of its compact size and huge memory storage capacity, you may keep of your data in that flash drive.
Even though it has many advantages, the chances for flash drive corruption is high. Many of you may have come across this type of error message, stating that “The flash drive not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”. If you have facing this problem and trying to rectify it, make use of “Portable Drive Recovery” tool. This application can retrieve your data from hard drives that are not getting mounted. There are several other reasons in which your flash drive may get corrupt.
Reasons behind Flash Drive Corruption:
- Unethical Formatting: Say for example, you are trying to format your flash drive. At that time your computer got froze before the formatting process got completed. In this situation, you will be forced to restart your system. As a result of this situation, the files stored in that hard drive may become inaccessible.
- Abrupt Ejection: You will be provided with an option called “Safely Remove hardware”, which helps you to eject your flash drives safely. In some case, if you eject your USB drive in an inappropriate way, then there are chances for your data to get lost along with that drive.
- Changing Drive Format: The default format of most of the flash drives is FAT32 file system. Sometimes for using in Mac computers, you may change its file system. Formatting the flash drive often to change the file format will result in that flash drive to get corrupted. As a result, the data stored in that drive will be lost.
- MBR Corruption: MBR means Master Boot Record. It is a special type of boot sector created at the first partitioning of the computer. It holds the logical information of the partitions. If this MBR gets corrupted, then that pen drive may became inaccessible.
Prominent Features of this Recovery Tool:
Portable Drive Recovery tool can retrieve data from different types of USB drives, memory card, hard disk etc. This tool provides “Save Recovery Session” method. Using this option you can proceed your recovery process without rescanning your files from the beginning. While recovering your files, this tool does not make any changes to your original data. Instead of that, it collects the contents from the file, recover them and creates anew copy of that file. This tool can recover deleted files from all brands of flash drives such as Transcend, Kingston, Sony, HP, etc. Your recovered files can be previewed actually before saving it.
Tips to Avoid Flash Drive Corruption:
• Do not remove your flash drive in an unprofessional manner.
• Always use “Safely Remove Hardware” option to eject your drive.
• Try to scan your drive with trusted anti-virus software.
• Don’n use any untrusted third party applications to access your flash card contents.